Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Kids on the Block and some oldies too

Remember my topiary idea? Well DIY network had a special this featuring Yard Crashers at Walt Disney World. And guess what is a huge attraction at Disney? yup, topiary. They semi should how to put one together, and I was shocked to find out that most of them are bushes inside the wire but drip irrigation and the outside of the frame is covered with moss, then plugs of plants are put in for a textured design! I googled "Disney topiary" and apparently DIY network had a whole episode on how to make them. Now I have streams of ideas flowing, with using colored moss and textured plants! This is so much faster than waiting for rosemary to fill in a frame. Added Bonus: Moss frame topiaries are mobile since no ground planting is involved, so if needed, I can change the location! My biggest concern now is finding out how in install a drip irrigation system in the frame. Maybe I can just hose it down once a week?
This Jazmin Vine was tangled in a corner near the new location of my worm bins. I dug it up and used an old doggie play pen as it's supporting fence. The location of the Jazmin is perfect, everytime the slightest breeze hits it, the air lifts the vine's perfume arcoss the garden! It also marks a division path so folks don't cut across the newly planted seeds behind it.
*Notice the pvc pipe in front of the jazmin? I placed it there so when the hose snakes around, I don't bang up against the plant!



Are my peas and beans growing? they look the same size as two weeks ago.

The corn has risen and it will be transplanted this week!


The lavander used to be in a pot in this exact location, I decided to plant it so it can be free to expand.






No comments: