Translate

Monday, June 8, 2009

Giant Pumpkin Competition!

Can you see the tiny yellow pumpkin (above)? We've had to extend the fence about five more feet to allow the vine to grow. I also remove the smaller vines and left only largest two. I remapped the soaker hose and covered the new extended area with landscape fabric. My new goal for this week is to find a pallet to place my growing pumpkin on.






I think this year will be good for my giant pumpkin (and other fruits and veggies). The Pumpkin vine is huge and growing strong! I'm thinking of entering several divisions at the OC Fair! If you have fruits and vegies you'd like to submit for judging, check out the oc fair competion. I need to move my fence over to give the pumpkin vine space to roam! I'll also need to get rid of the "weaker" pumpkin plants in order to give more room to the giant vine!

I'm so excited this is my first time entering a competion of home grown stuff!

No comments: