Translate

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Finishing some projects and starting new ones 6-18-09
















The roses are in full bloom. This is my hub's department since he's into pruning and watering them. Although I'm the one that sprinkled Dr. Earth's Rose Food on them a week ago, so I should get a little credit, too.
















We finally found a permanent home for the raspberry, boysenberry and black satin raspberry. Now we just need to stake the sides to hold them up and we're done on this berry nice project. While I never planted the tomatoes (the storage bin near the wooden fence), they have a lot of tomatoes growing with lots of blooms merging! And on this raspberry project day, I promised Eddie to never plant in fruits or veggies in containers again. This promise came about due to root binding in containers and becoming extremely heavy in planting and he thinks storage bins look ugly.




Why did I start another project when I haven't finished any of the other ones? I love butterflies and want a better way to give tribute then a butterfly garden. Ed said I should plant low growing plants in order to see the design. And plant the larger dill, cosmos and such where the grass part near the fence is. I have a bird bath that has been neglected for some time. I'm going to bring it over here to make this a backyard habitat for butterflies and caterpillars.

No comments: