Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Overflow level



 I saw several videos on people making new holes on their galvanized tub. I don’t have a metal drill cutter - and really you don’t have to do that. A simple elbow attachment with 3-4” pvc pipe is all you need and this odd tool [ratchet] to remove the plug.



On the Belhen galvanized tubs the drain outlet is 3/4”… wish I would have known that sooner because I had bought everything 1/2” pvc.


For those like me who have 1/2” pipes… replace outlet drain with a 1/2” outlet drain. If you have a 3/4” elbow that screws into the original drain (like I do now for my 2nd tub) you can skip this step.

This is the inside part.


On the outside part, be sure to have an opening that fits a 1/2” pvc pipe or the pipe size you are using.


I couldn’t attach the elbow directly to the top part so I had to cut a 3”pvc pipe to join them. I used 4” black tubing for the top part so I wouldn’t get confused when installing it to the tub.


You can zoom in in this picture and see that the clay pebbles are just slightly above the groove line tub. I cut my black tubing just slightly under an inch from that mark.



I filled the tub to make sure the overflow works and doesn’t leak.


On my 2nd tub I found a 3/4 pvc pipe that screwed right in and found an attachment that goes from 3/4” to 1/2” and with just those 2 pieces it was enough for the overflow to work. I haven’t got 4” flexible irrigation Tubing to make sure it’s at the tight height so I’m not 100% sure on the overflow level. But with those 2 pieces I was able to install it in seconds.


Thankfully I installed it before it rained so I can see the water level and how well it holds it. Once it stops raining, I’ll post an update.




No comments: