Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kinder-Garden, an Edible Garden!




The boys enjoy eating radishes, peas, and boysenberries from the garden. I found a tiny empty spot on their school that has know transformed into an edible oasis. Whenever I work on the garden, kids approach me and say, "Max-n-Eli's mom, that looks like a brocolli flower." I reply with, "Yes, that's how brocolli grows before you eat it." The radish and turnip seeds came from a company called Sprout Robot. The company sends me emails of when to plant and what to plant. On April 22nd, the kids from the school will be celebrating Earth Day by have a salad grown from the garden. This spring the 4x12 foot plot grows: peas, beans, grapes, celery, tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, rosemary, basil, lettuce, onions, radish, carrots, a blueberry bush and a Peach Tree! ...and that's not counting the flowers and weeds and the worm compost bin...

No comments: