Translate

Friday, January 8, 2010

Adding to our garden...


I pulled out some weeds under my raspberry canes. As I was standing up, I saw a red token or appreciation awaiting for me! Yay, there is a cluster of more about to change color!

Strawberries are known for having white flowers, so when I saw this Pretty in Pink Strawberry Plant, I knew I could make room for another strawberry plant. The yellow center is already forming into the edible delight! The tag indicates it's a perinial, so year after year, I'll have these pretty pink flowers to enjoy.

When we're in the backyard, this chicken (who still remains nameless) keeps following me, everywhere I go, and whenever possible, it like to be eye level with me. If I'm turning the soil, it's right there to catch whatever juicy creature pops out of the ground. This chick is truely my "Wing Man".

I love harvesting plants, and my future endevour is to harvest water following from my roof... I just hope it doesn't rain until I purchase and install it... These rain barrels cost about 199 at H&H nursery in Lakewood.

Max wants me to catch the butterfly that kept spiraling all around up. The butterfly reminded me I need to work on my butterfly garden...
We found aspargus plants, (For many years, I wasn't sure how I thought they grew, maybe from a tree, kinda like pineapples...) so since we like eating them, we got them.

No comments: