Translate

Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting ready for 2nd Crop Season!


While we are up to our ears in squash, we are thinking of what to plant in its place (maybe peas, edamames, beans). and Speaking of ears, we have starting harvesting our heirloom corn!
While removing old poting soil from a pot to decorate for fall, Melisa and I discovered that the potatoe plant indeed give potatoes. We found these growing with the roots even though I had yanked out the dried plant a few weeks ago. In it's place, I transplanted a corn plant and we sprinkled in some "egg" gourds and baby pumpkins. After three days, most seeds have the first pair of leaves!

Ed had bought an upside down tomatoe pot early during summer, I used the "soil" it came with to start another worm bin. So when he came across this topsy turvey pot, he decided to give it a try again. Feeling bad for using his soil and losing the pot, I decided to surprise him when he came home. The boys and I set out to Blue Hill and found his fave habanero plant. The boys and Melisa helped me fill it while i holded the pot up. We hung it in front of our home in the porch where it gets plenty of morning sun.

No comments: