Translate

Monday, September 28, 2026

Berry Barrel Update

 Earlier this year I saw a video on planting several berry plants in 1 container.  I decided to give it a try- then I learned I needed 2 blueberry bushes- so I ended up cramming more plants in the container. 




So far majorly are doing well- not the native chaparral currant (or it’s dormant- I can’t tell). During late spring early summer the native currents were well- thriving and looking healthy. Then as soon as temperature began increasing to upper 90s- that was it- the leaves yellowed and died. It first started with my showy currant, then the one in my berry container. 


On the positive side, my boysenberry is spreading its vines and growing- the wire rack is almost full!!!  I’m going to need to attach another trellis if it keeps growing.



Here’s the link to my original berry barrel post: https://humble-gardener.blogspot.com/2026/06/berry-barrel-garden.html


No comments: